Apply to be our next bishop
Thank you for your interest in our Bishop Search Process. Be assured that our prayers for you and those you love commenced before you began this application process and will continue throughout this journey.
All candidate application materials must be received electronically by Saturday, July 7, 2018, and all documents should be saved as a PDF using the following file naming system: document.last name.first name (example: application.Smith.Chris).
You must submit the following information via email email@example.com to complete your application:
- A cover letter that addresses why you feel called to this search process and how the gifts you would bring to this ministry align with what our profile states we are seeking in our bishop (limit 2 page typed in 12 point font and double spaced)
- Application form including essay question responses
- Current resume or CV
- Updated OTM profile
- Three letters of recommendation (one from each of the following three sources):
- A clergy person
- A lay person (not a member of your family)
- A friend or colleague not connected with the Episcopal Church
- A list of all bishops under whom you have served with current contact information
Please note that a self-nomination form is not required when submitting an application form. By submitting this application, you understand that the Search Committee will undertake a thorough background review.
All questions should be directed to the Chair of the Nominating Committee, Mary Davy at firstname.lastname@example.org.